Sensoril® is a special extract derived from specially-grown ashwagandha leaves and roots through a patented, water-based process, without the use of any chemical solvents. This makes it much more potent and refined than standard ashwagandha. In addition to the patented extraction process—the leaf—, which has higher levels of the key bioactive constituents, particularly the withanolides, than the root alone adds to its efficacy.
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera; also called Indian ginseng or Winter Cherry) is a medicinal botanical grown in India that is revered for the multiple, health-providing benefits of powders and extracts made from its roots and leaves. It has been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine as a daily tonic to help treat psychological and physical ailments, including stress, strain, fatigue, cognitive function, exercise recovery, inflammation, immune health, blood sugar balance and cardiovascular health. The reason it has so many therapeutic benefits is because it’s such a powerful adaptogen.
(Adaptogens or adaptogenic substances, compounds, herbs or practices refer to the pharmacological concept whereby administration results in stabilization of physiological processes and promotion of homeostasis, an example being by decreased cellular sensitivity to stress.)
In the past decade, its use as a dietary supplement has become increasingly popular, particularly in the areas of stress reduction, energy, and mental cognition, which is why Difass supplements – Dormiva™ (sleep aid) and Relaxiva™ (stress aid) – contain a propriety herbal blend of Sensoril®.
- Sensoril® possesses an excellent safety and stability profile supported by extensive testing. Because Sensoril® is GRAS-affirmed (Generally Regarded as Safe), it can be safely taken as a daily tonic 365 days a year.
- Sensoril® helps promote emotional well being, increased resistance to fatigue and tension while boosting energy, and enhanced mental clarity and concentration.*
- Sensoril® helps promote healthy cardiovascular function, resistance to stress-induced overeating, and more restful sleep.*
- Withania somnifera has been tested, and multiple studies have revealed its effectiveness in improving cognition and reducing stress:
- Withania somnifera extract can improve cognitive and psychomotor performance and may, therefore, be a valuable adjunct in the treatment of diseases associated with cognitive impairment. (Pharmacognosy Research, January – March 2014, Volume 6, Issue 1)
- A standardized extract of Withania somnifera appears to improve auditory-verbal working memory (digit span backward), a measure of reaction time, and a measure of social cognition in bipolar disorder. (J Clin Psychiatry 74:11, November 2013)
- Consumption of standardized Withania somnifera root and leaf extract significantly reduces experiential and biochemical indicators of stress without adverse effects. (JANA Vol. 11, No. 1, 2008)
- Beneficial properties of Withania somnifera extract can mitigate the effects of stress and deserves further investigation in patients with associated diseases. (Current Topics in Nutraceutical Research Vol. 11, No. 4, 2013
* Statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.